Are you entitled to a rates rebate?
The Rates Rebates Scheme provides a rebate of up to $630 for low income earners who were paying rates for the home they were living in on 1 July 2018.
If you were eligible for a rates rebate last year, or think you may be eligible this year, start gathering your records together now.
When applying for a rates rebate, please bring with you:
- Your 2018/2019 Matamata-Piako District Council rates account
- Your 2018/2019 Waikato Regional Council rates account (call 0800 800 401)
- A Summary of Income for you and your partner (or joint home-owner) from Inland Revenue for the year from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
Contact Inland Revenue on 0800 257 778 (with your IRD number)
- Any certificates stating interest earned on investments to 31 March 2018.
Once you have collected all information, please call us on 0800 746 467 to make an appointment.
Appointments are available from Saturday 10 September 2018.
Important things to note:
- You need to apply each rating year (1 July – 30 June)
- You must apply within that same rating year. This means you have up to 30 June 2018 to apply for this rating year’s rates rebate.