Event grants now available
Are you running an event to benefit the community within our district?
We have $20,000 a year available to help community groups deliver great events in the Matamata-Piako District.
There are no funding round application dates. Applications can be made at any time during the year.
Funds can be used for new events or to help existing events to grow.
What kinds of events are eligible for funding?
The event must
- Be held within Matamata-Piako District.
- Have the potential to attract a significant number of visitors.
- Have potential to become an iconic event.
- Have strong support from the community and business sector.
- Be supported by a business case.
- Contribute to Council’s Vision and Outcomes.
- Enable and provide economic opportunities in the district.
- Encourage participation across diverse communities and provide opportunities for the wider community to increase social connection.
How do I apply?
To apply, simply download the application form below, complete the required information and submit online or return it to any Council office. Council staff will assess your application and notify you in writing once a decision has been made.
Applications for grants to fund district events are now open. You can apply online or over the counter at your local council office.