Resource Consent Funding for Community Groups
We have set aside $15,000 to assist non-profit community organisations to fund the costs of resource consent applications. Applications can be made at any time, with a maximum of $5000 to be granted to each community group per project.
Who can apply?
Your group must be a non-profit community organisation and should:
- have a high ratio of volunteers to paid employees
- have a high degree of public access to the organisation
- primarily be funded from grants, donations, subscriptions or similar and not from fees, charges or funding from central government
What kind of projects are eligible for funding?
Applications must meet the following criteria:
- your resource consent application must be for an activity within the Matamata-Piako District
- the project must have no commercial aspect, and must clearly demonstrate community benefit
- you must have a business plan setting out in sufficient detail the proposal, timeline, long-term plans, confirmed and potential funding sources and any other relevant information for your project
Applications will be assessed for consistency with other Council plans and strategies.
How to apply
There are no funding round application dates, this means that applications can be made at any time during the year. Simply download the policy, application and business plan template below, fill in the required information and submit your application to Council. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 07 884 0060 for assistance.
Policy on resource consent funding for non-profit community organisations (pdf, 88kb)
Application for Resource Consent Funding (pdf, 53kb)
Business Plan Template (pdf, 15kb)