Animal Control/Dogs

Approved Contractors

For Council to engage businesses to undertake any work for us, they must first become an Approved Contractor to demonstrate they have effective health and safety management systems and are holding current and relevant insurances



Customer Service


See the running an event page for guidelines and rules for events in the Matamata-Piako District.

Food Safety


Council also administers Creative Communities New Zealand funding for arts and culture in our community. For more information about funding rounds, visit the Applying for Funding page



Liquor Licensing

Application forms for Liquor Licences are available on our Liquor Licensing Fees and Applications page.

Mobile Shop

Application forms are available on the Food & Health section of our website.

Parks and Reserves

Pensioner Housing

Qualified Arborist

Rates and Finance

Resource Consent

Note: Applications with missing or inadequate information will be declined. We strongly recommend meeting with our Duty Planner to discuss your application before submitting it to help make the resource consent process as smooth as possible.

Printable PDF forms to fill out and send in:

More information on applying for resource consents is available at the Ministry for the Environment's website.


Go to the Roading Forms page.

Street Stall

Application forms are available on the Food & Health section of our website.

Trade Waste

Water Connection (water, waste water, storm water)

Can't find a form on here that you need? Just contact us and we'll get one straight out to you.