Bylaws are local legislation enforceable by the Council staff and other nominated agencies. In 2008 most of Council’s Bylaws were reviewed and combined to form the Consolidated Bylaw.
Hard copies of the Bylaw executed under Council seal by the CEO and the Mayor are available at Council Offices and libraries or you can download the full document (pdf, 3mb) here. In the event of any variances between the electronic version of the Consolidated Bylaw below and this pdf, the information in the pdf file takes precedence.
We are consulting on a draft Dog Control Bylaw, Policy on Dogs and Public Safety Bylaw. Find out more and have your say.
The Consolidated Bylaw is broken up into the following sections:
- Introductory Bylaw 2008
- Fires in the Open Air Bylaw 2014
- Land Transport Bylaw 2008
- Speed Limit Maps, Town Centres (Matamata, Morrinsville and Te Aroha)
- Speed Limit Maps, Rural Matamata (Walton, Hinuera, Waharoa, Te Poi, Okauia Springs Road)
- Speed Limit Maps, Rural Morrinsville (Mangateparu, Waitoa, Tahuna, Tauhei, Tatuanui)
- Speed Limit Maps, Rural Te Aroha (Te Aroha West, Manawaru, Springdale, Waihou)
- Public Amenities Bylaw 2014
- Public Safety Bylaw 2014
- Solid Waste Bylaw 2008
- Wastewater Bylaw 2008
- Water Supply Bylaw 2008
- Stormwater Management Bylaw 2009
- Trade Waste Bylaw 2011
- Dog Control Bylaw 2010