Works and Network Utilities
What can consumers do to assist Council with our environmental obligations?
- Try not to waste water unnecessarily. Every drop of water coming from Council reticulation systems has been treated and this is expensive.
- Fix leaking taps & valves a soon as possible.
- Conserving water helps the environment by leaving more water in streams & rivers.
- Do not connect down pipes or stormwater drains to the sewerage system (gully traps).
- Up to 75% of sewage pumped & treated during wet weather is directly related to stormwater infiltration. This costs Council (and ratepayers) thousands of dollars per year.
- Don’t dispose of waste down stormwater drains.
- Water running out onto the road ends up in our rivers & waterways. Wash the car on the grass, not the driveway.
How are we Doing?
Anticipated Environmental Results
Works & network utilities
|Efficient use of land for utilities|
|The management of buffer areas around certain utilities|
|Efficient provision of infrastructure by Council|
|Protection of land and assets from floods and poor drainage|
Click here to learn more about District Plan Effectiveness and read the full report on Network Utilities
For More Information
Matamata-Piako District Council
PO Box 266, Te Aroha 3342
Phone: 07 884 0060
Fax: 07 884 8865