District Events Funding
Are you running an event to benefit the community within our district?
We have $20,000 a year available to help community groups deliver great events in the Matamata-Piako District.
There are no funding round application dates. Applications can be made at any time during the year.
Funds can be used for new events or to help existing events to grow.
What kinds of events are eligible for funding?
The event must
- Be held within Matamata-Piako District.
- Have the potential to attract a significant number of visitors.
- Have potential to become an iconic event.
- Have strong support from the community and business sector.
- Be supported by a business case.
- Contribute to Council’s Vision and Outcomes.
- Enable and provide economic opportunities in the district.
- Encourage participation across diverse communities and provide opportunities for the wider community to increase social connection.
How do I apply?
Applications for grants to fund district events are now invited. You can apply online or download an application form below, complete the required information and return it to any Council office. Council staff will assess your application and notify you of the decision within 20 working days of receiving your application.
How much funding is available?
There is $20,000 of funding available each financial year (1 July – 30 June). The maximum grant that any applicant can receive is $5,000.
Who can apply?
Community groups, non-profit organisations, business associations, and Iwi/Maori organisations can apply.
Individuals, commercial enterprises, and organisations supported by government agencies may also be considered depending on the Economic Development outcomes their event will deliver for the district.
What types of things has funding been granted for in the past?
This is only a new grant, established in 2018. However, we have already granted applications for traffic management and road closure costs, security costs, and facility/venue hire. There are lots more possibilities that funding could be granted for.
Can I get funding for more than one event?
Each applicant can only receive one event funding grant a year – however, if you are planning multiple events, you can bundle these into one application.