The Animal Control Officers also respond to all calls relating to straying stock (in accordance with the Impounding Act 1955).
Unclaimed stock is held in the pound at Te Aroha and if not claimed by the owner after notification in the local newspaper, may be sold at auction to help recover costs.
Stock call out fees include;
- Call out (during office hours) $125
- Call out (after office hours) $175
- Impounding fee $50 per head, plus all costs
- Daily sustenance $6 per head, plus all othercosts (e.g. veterinary costs)
- All associated costs (e.g. transport, advertising etc) charged at actual cost