Online LIMs - Terms & Conditions
Your Land Information Memorandum will be prepared for the purposes of section 44A of the Local Government Information and Meetings Act 1987, and contain all the information known to Matamata-Piako District Council to be relevant to the land as described in subsection (2). It is based on a search of Council records only and there may be other information relating to the land that is unknown to Council. Council records may not show illegal or unauthorised buildings or works on the property. The applicant is solely responsible for ensuring that the land is suitable for a particular purpose.
Payment and processing
The report will not be started until the fee has been received. You can pay by internet banking, invoice, cheque or at a Council office. Internet banking details will be provided once you submit the application form. A copy will also be emailed to you for your reference.
This LIM will be processed within the 10 working day requirement unless an urgent LIM (3 or 5 days) is requested in which case it will be processed within 3 or 5 working days. A 'working day' is 8am-5pm Monday-Friday, excluding public holidays and the close down between Christmas and New Year.
The information you provided on this form will only be used for the purpose of processing this application. Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to see and correct personal information the
Matamata-Piako District Council holds about you.
What a LIM includes:
- Land and Water Rates with balances owing
- Water reticulation, public and private drainage plans where available for the property
- Details of approved building, plumbing/drainage and resource planning permits and consents indicating where further action is required
- Details required by the Building Act 1991 are included (if applicable) such as Code Compliance Certificates, Compliance Schedule and Warrant/Statement of Fitness
- Liquor, Hairdressing and Health Licences (mainly refers to commercial properties)
- Whether a Dangerous Goods Licence had been administered by Council (now under ERMA control)
- Special site features such as soil instability, flood risk, hazardous contaminants, weak fill, wind zoning
- Details of Operative and proposed zoning, road widening, height restrictions, view and tree protection and any Historic Places Trust listing
- Any outstanding requisitions or notifications from Council regarding any matters on that property that do not meet Council specifications and which require action within a certain time frame. Satisfying requisitions is the responsibility of the owner of the property.