Pre-lodgement Meetings

All Restricted Building Work (residential buildings) industrial and commercial projects are required to have a pre-lodgement meeting in the Matamata Council Office with a Building Control Officer before a building consent is lodged. Contact the Building Control Administration Assistant on 07 884 0060 to arrange a meeting.

Building online

Companies that regularly lodge building consents with MPDC can lodge and track their building consents online using Building Online. Register for an account here.

Building consent application forms

Matamata-Piako District Council is a member of the Waikato Building Consent Group - a cluster of eight Councils who work together to bring consistency to the Building Consent process.

The group's website, has loads of information about building  including:

  • Application forms and checklists
  • Brochures and general information
  • Information about trees, fences and neighbours
  • Common questions and answers
  • Helpful links

And much more

You cannot start any building work until a building consent has been issued. You can get building consent application forms and other helpful information on the build waikato website, or pick up a copy from your closest area office.