Temporary road closures
Matamata 2023 Christmas parade
We will be closing the following roads below on Saturday 2 December to allow the Matamata Public Relations Association to conduct their 2023 Christmas Parade.
Roads to be closed:
- Broadway (SH24) from the intersection of Waharoa Rd East to Vosper St. Access from Waharoa Rd East to SH27 via SH24 will remain open.
- Hetana St from Tui St to Broadway.
- Arawa St from Broadway to Hetana St
- Railside by the Green.
Times of closures:
- Hetana St - 7.30am to 2pm.
- Broadway and Arawa St - 10.30am to 2pm.
- All side streets intersecting with Broadway - 10.30am to 2pm.
Te Aroha - Under The Mountain Arts Event
We will be closing the following road below on Sunday 3 December from 8am- 5pm to allow the Te Aroha Business Association to conduct the Under The Mountain Arts Event.
Road to be closed:
- Whitaker St from 155 through to 126 (pedestrian access only).
Morrinsville 2023 Christmas parade
We will be closing the following roads below on Saturday 9 December from 11.30am - 3.30pm to allow the Morrinsville Chamber of Commerce to conduct their 2023 Christmas Parade.
Roads to be closed:
- Thames St from the intersection of Lorne St to the intersection of Canada St
- Moorhouse St at the intersections with Thames St
- Studholme St at the intersections with Thames St
- Anderson St between Lorne St and Mcrae St (Lear St and McPherson Drive access via Page St)
Watch this space for updates on road works.
Proposed temporary road closures
Watch this space for proposed temporary road closure.
From our partners
State Highway 26 (Morrinsville) Structural Asphalt Road Reconstruction
Waka Kotahi will be undertaking structural asphalt road reconstruction on SH26 between Thames Street and Allen Street, Morrinsville, from Sunday 3 December 2023 to Thursday 7 December 2023 reopening Friday morning (8 Dec).
The work site is up to and including Thames Street and Allen Street intersections. The works will be undertaken using a road closure between Thames Street and Allen Street intersection which will remain in place both day and night throughout the duration of the work.
Detour routes will be a signposted detour around the site. Residents, will be able to access their properties with the exception of Waverly Ave (SH26) who we will contact and arrange a location for them.
Please keep an eye out for further updates on the Waka Kotahi Journey Planner.