The text alerts and reminders below are currently only available for Telecom and Vodafone customers. Texts cost 20c. You can unsubscribe from text lists any time by texting 'stop' to 5801.
Civil Defence Alerts
You can subscribe to receive emergency text alerts from Council (such as civil defence warnings/updates, or major problems such as water main breaks).
To sign up, simply text any of the following options to 5801:
- ‘subscribe emergency’ for emergency alerts for the whole district
- ‘subscribe matamata’ for emergency alerts for the Matamata area
- ‘subscribe morrinsville’ for emergency alerts for the Morrinsville area
- ‘subscribe tearoha’ for emergency alerts for the Te Aroha area (there is no space in the keyword tearoha)
Can't remember which week to put your recycling out? Subscribe for text reminders and we will send you a text the day before reminding you to put your bins out - this is particularly handy around public holidays.
Subscribe to your recycling ‘zone’ by texting 5801 to receive a reminder text the day before you need to put your bins out. To subscribe simply text:
- 'subscribe zone1' for reminders for Morrinsville, Mangateparu, Tahuna, Waitoa and Waihou
- 'subscribe zone2' for reminders for Te Aroha
- 'subscribe zone3' for reminders for Matamata, Waharoa, Tamihana and Walton
Note: there is no space between the word ‘zone’ and the number.
Do you lose track of the rates bill amongst the pile of letters on the bench, or it sits in your email inbox and you forget about it? Subscribe for a text reminder and we will send you a text two or three days before your rates are due.
To sign up, simply text 'subscribe rates' to 5801