This neighbourhood park is located on the corner of Anderson Street and Moorhouse Street in central Morrinsville.
Thomas Park consists of a flat grassed area with a playground and swings, a public toilet, picnic tables, seating, and border gardens. There are also several mature trees on site that provide shade these include Platanus orientalis, Liquidamber spp, as well as some smaller trees Melia azedarach and Podocarpus totara.
In 1931 Margaret Thomas donated the Park to Morrinsville and named it in the memory of her late husband James Thomas who was the Piako County Council Chairman from 1914 to 1920 and a long serving Councillor on the Morrinsville Borough Council and Piako County Council.
Plunket rooms are currently located in the south western corner of the park.