Return to home page

Our district is at the Orange setting of the new traffic light system (COVID-19 Protection Framework). Council offices and facilities are open, please wear face coverings and scan in using your NZ COVID-19 Tracer app. For further details about Council Services at Orange, click here.

Notification to council

The owner(s) or the authorised agent of the owner(s) must notify the relevant council (i.e. territorial authority) in writing before any of the following occurs -

  • Changing the use of a building
  • Extending the life of a building(s) with a specified intended length of life
  • Subdivide land which will result in grant of a cross lease, company lease or unit title(s) and the subdivision affects an existing building(s) or part of an existing building(s)

Once the relevant council receives the notification, the council will assess the notification and any accompanying documentation for Building Act 2004 and building code compliance.

For more information about changing the use of a building and extending the life of a building, please see here.