Headon Events Centre
Headon Events Centre provides one sports court marked with netball & basketball and five badminton courts. The Rose Yorke meeting room can comfortably accommodate small groups of up to 20 people. The meeting room is equipped with tables, chairs & kitchen facilities including basic kitchen supplies (crockery, utensils, dishwasher, oven and hob).
• The hirer is responsible for delegating a fire warden for their group who is responsible for carrying out an evacuation following the Events Centre evacuation procedures during the time of their booking.
• When making a booking please note your booking time is charged from when you enter the venue. You must allow for any set up, pack down and clean up time in your booking.
• Access cards (entry keys) can only be collected during office hours (8am to 4:30pm) Monday to Friday from the Matamata Civic Centre Customer Service desk.
• Weekend or urgent bookings must be made during office hours to ensure availability and access is authorised in time.
COVID-19 Protection Framework - Orange
As a public facility we are open with capacity limits based on one metre distancing.
- Contact tracing and face coverings will be required.
- Events/Gatherings/Bookings limited to 50 people without a My Vaccine Pass or unlimited with a Vaccine Pass.
Terms and Conditions of Hire
To ensure your event runs smoothly with minimal disruption the terms and conditions should be read in full, including any specific requirements for individual facilities. By making a payment to Matamata-Piako District Council for venue hire you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions of Hire.
Please note: We are closed for processing of bookings and collection of swipe cards for casual users from 23 December until 10 January 2022 as there will be no staff available to process bookings or collect access cards. If you require a booking during this time please apply now.
Take a video tour
Where to find us
The Headon Events Centre is located at Pohlen Park, 47 Western Street in Matamata.