Jim Gardiner Grove
This grove is located on the corner of Rawhiti Avenue and Waharoa Road in the north western area of Matamata.
The reserve consists of a small flat grassed area with a small raised garden with built in seating, a footpath adjacent to the southern boundary and a small collection of mature trees and large shrubs.
The site has been a reserve since 1936. In early 1989 it was named Jim Gardiner Grove to honour Mr Jim Gardiner and to recognise the contribution he made to the community. This previously neglected area had been transformed by the work of Mr Les West and the Matamata Girl Guides with the advice and practical help of Mr Gardiner.