Howie Park is Morrinsville's Premier Park. It is located on the corner of Allen Street and Waverley Avenue in north eastern Morrinsville.
Howie Park consists of a large undulating grassed area and features a Rhododendron garden, a Camellia garden, and a swing set. The upper part of the Park features a war memorial and cenotaph that overlooks the terraced ponds and ring road that meanders its way through the park. Howie Park provides elevated views of the area.
There is also a large collection of mature native and exotic trees on the park which include Dacrydium cupressinum, Acer palmatum, Phyllocladus trichomanoides, Podocarpus totara, Cordyline australis, Cryptomeria japonica, Platanus orientalis, Magnolia grandiflora, Quercus palustris, Q. robur, Fagussylvatica, Cedrus deodara and Taxodium distichum.
In 1922 George Howie, among the first Councillors of the former Morrinsville Borough Council and the Mayor of Morrinsville from 1923 to 1925, gifted the Park to the citizens of Morrinsville as a memorial for those who died during the First World War.
Howie Park is a popular venue for events and weddings - contact us to make a booking!